Work with one of the finest surgical teams in the world!
Part-Time (2-3 days per week) Surgical Technologist, Scrub Tech Needed.
After orientation training, candidate will possess excellent skills in oral and written communication, medical terminology, case study analysis, procedure analysis, surgical OR equipment management and instrument manipulation and dexterity in the area of ophthalmic surgery.
Assist in operations, under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel. May help set up operating room, prepare and transport patients for surgery, adjust lights and equipment, pass instruments and other supplies to surgeons and surgeon’s assistants, hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments.
Sample of job titles: Surgical Technologist (CST), Surgical Technician, Certified Surgical Technologist (CST), Operating Room Surgical Technician (OR St), Surgical Scrub Technologist, Surgical Scrub Technician, Endoscopic Technologist, Operating Room Technician (OR Tech)
- Candidate will possess a reputation that reflect: 5-star patient care, dependable teamwork, hard working and dedication to the practice.
- Candidate will work with a strong sense of camaraderie where professional skills are developed and sustained.
After orientation training, duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assist with the physical preparation of the OR, creating the sterile field, and maintaining sterile technique during operative procedure.
- Identify and select appropriate packs, trays and accessory/specialty equipment for each surgery.
- Assist with the count of , sponges, needles and other surgical items Pass correct instruments, and sutures as needed by surgeon.
- Prepare specimens for submission of pathological analysis
Apply by emailing BAliaga(at)20better(dot)com for more information. Or call 360.435.8595.
Visit the Association of Surgical Technologists for more information about this career.